Wednesday, March 9, 2011

God's Time is the Right Time

Yesterday (March 9) I was in the Shelbyville library and I typed up a sweet blog for the day. Well for some reason it didn't save or post right. Then my time ran out on the computer so I didn't get anything posted. I guess yesterday wasn't the right time for that post. So I am going to try again today.

I am starting to see in my life that God will provide us with all we need exactly when we need it the most. First we have to trust in God and continue in faith through all of the hard times. Yesterday I was a little upset that things didn't work out with my blog. Then we went to an appointment that didn't show up. So we decided to get some lunch. We went to Taco Bell and there was a member of the ward in there and he bought us some lunch. That nice gesture lifted my spirits and helped me through the day. It was great that God lead us were we needed to be so I could find a little joy in life. I will get on with the main story though.

So Monday I was in Murfreesboro, TN. I went to visit a family I worked with when I was there a little over a year ago. We were talking about God and how He sees the big picture and prepares that way for us to receive everything we need. We were talking about how God places people in our path for a certain reason. We talked about how we were able to come acrossed each other at the right time when God had prepared them to receive of His restored gospel. It was a time in their life when they were looking for something more for their family. At that time in their lives we were able to cross paths. Being a missionary I shared the message of the restored gospel with them. When the message was shared they knew it was true because they had an open heart and an open mind. (To have an open heart and mind you are willing to listen and think about the things that are being said. You take the time to study and pay attention to the feelings that come from the Holy Ghost. Then you sincerely pray and ask God what is right and you are willing to submit to God's will for you.) When this family found Jesus Christ restored gospel they found all of the joy and happiness that comes along with it. We talked about how God had prepared us to meet each other. God knew the time and place for us to meet so we both could learn from each other and create a great friendship. I am grateful that God blessed me with the opportunity to share His gospel with this family and see the joy that came into their lives from living it. I know that God prepares a way for all of us to receive the fullness of His gospel. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ was restored to the Earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know that God prepared the way for the gospel to be restored at the time that was right for it to be brought back. I know that God loves each and everyone of us. I know that He will lead us to truth if we are just willing to listen and follow exactly what He tells us to do. I know that we have to be patient but that God will prepare the way for great things to come to pass. I strongly encourage everyone to take the time to learn more about the Book of Mormon and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that if you do you will find great joy in your life. To learn more go to www.mormon.org. Also to learn more about God's understanding check out these scriptures; Acts 17:26  1 Ne. 9:6 2 Ne. 2:24 2 Ne. 9:20 W of M 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment