Saturday, March 12, 2011

Follow the Spirit

So yesterday we were in Lebanon, TN. We were teaching a lady who was excited about baptism. She had been reading the Book of Mormon and prayed about it. She said that she knew it was true. She told us that when life was crazy she would read and it would bring great peace to her soul. I know that that great peace she felt is the Holy Ghost. I know that God sends the Holy Ghost to us to comfort us and direct us in our lives. It is just up to us to follow the feelings that we receive. The feelings we receive from the Holy Ghost are feelings of love, joy, peace, and comfort. The apostle Paul taught about what he called the fruits of the spirit in Galatians chapter 5 mainly verses 22-23 (Galatians 5). As we talked with this lady she felt that being baptized wasn't the right thing. She began to fear and doubt her decision to follow Jesus Christ. I know that fear and doubt come from Satan. It is up to us to stand strong and act upon the knowledge that God gives us to do the right things. We just have to stand strong on what we know is right. I invite everyone to take the time to pray and ask God for truth and knowledge. I know that if you really seek it God will send you the Holy Ghost to Guide you (Moroni 10). After that meeting Elder Davis and I prayed where to go. We felt that we should go visit a lady in Lafayette, TN. We drove up there and had a nice meeting with her and her daughter. I know that God sent the Holy Ghost to lead us there. I know that God will lead us on the right path but it is up to us to listen. I know that God loves us and will lead us to truth we just have to study and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment