Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Being Diligent Bring Success

So today I was studying up on Diligence. In Preach My Gospel it says, "Diligence is steady, consistent, earnest, and energetic effort in doing the Lord’s work." I thought of those four traits individually. The one that stood out to me the most was energetic. I found it interesting that being energetic would help you to be diligent. When I thought of what energetic was I thought of a little puppy just running around, going crazy, jumping all over the place, and just being happy. The happy part really hit me. I saw the truly being diligent requires a positive attitude. If we are working or doing anything with a negative attitude or grudgingly we aren't going to do a good job or get much out of it. But if we are positive and happy it makes everything go better. So I realized that we need to find joy in all that we do. When we are working towards our hopes and desires if we do it with a positive attitude we will be able to overcome the obstacles that stand in our way. On the other hand if we are negative and upset the first trial that pops up will throw us off track. Then we won’t reach our desired goal.

Then I saw how being earnest tied in with the positive attitude. If we are working for something for the wrong reason we won’t receive the true reward or the joy that comes from accomplishing the task. If we truly desire to reach something, we will be earnest in working for it. That will help us have the positive attitude needed to do the Lords work.

I figured steady and consistent were pretty easy ones. We just have to work as hard as we can. As we steadily work for our desires we will gradually improve. With that consistent improve me we will be able to achieve the desires that we have. The positive attitude fits in here as well. We must look on the bright side of things as we work. As we do we will notice the silver linings, the blessings of God, and the little miracles in our lives. We need to focus on our gradual improvement not our faults and weakness. Seeing the great change in ourselves and those we work for will give us greater motivation to continue working harder and thus improving our weaknesses.

To be diligent requires hard work and sacrifice on our part. The great thing is that we don't have to care the load and the work all by ourselves. The savior is there to lighten our loads and ease our burdens. As we live his commandments and rely on him for help and support it will come. What more could be ask for then the Son of God to be by our side and work shoulder to shoulder with us. What can bring us more joy than know that the Savior loves us enough to suffer and work for us and that God loves us so much to send his only begotten son to do so. I know that this brings me great joy and comfort in my life. I know that as we rely on the savior and work hard we will reach our desires. We will find great joy and love in our lives. We just need to work hard doing the Lords work and what he asks of us. I know that as we do so we will win the prize. The prizes of this life are our righteous desires that bring us closer to God, but we will also receive the greatest prize from God of eternal life. To be with him and our families forever. What a great prize that is. I know that God loves and cares for each of us and will help us reach our desires as we diligently work towards them. So let us stay positive and work hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment