Friday, May 27, 2011

All We Need Is Hope!

So I was think how desire is what starts us on a certain path. As I thought of that I realized that hope is what keeps us on that path. When we are seeking after a desire we are hoping for something great to happen. We are hoping to receive or accomplish this desire we have. I know from my own life that as you work for something there always seems to be obstacles and temptations to through you off that path. This is were hope comes in. We have our hope that no matter what the obstacles we will fulfill our desire. President Uchtdorf said, "Hope has the power to fill our lives with happiness. Its absence—when this desire of our heart is delayed—can make “the heart sick.” As I thought of that I thought of how with hope we see that light at the end of the tunnel. We see that better days our ahead of us. This hope gives us the strength to go on and reach our desires. Hope is the anchor that keeps us focused and determined through the hard times (Ether 12:4). Our hope will help us to patiently await the promises of the Lord to be fulfilled (Rom. 15:4). The scriptures are here to strengthen our hope and remind us that the Lord will bless us and fulfill his promises.

When we hope for more and hope for the desires of our hearts to be fulfilled we can't just sit around doing nothing. We have to put for our effort and work for it. First Corinthians 9:10 promises us that if we hope for something and go out and work for it we will receive that hope (1 Cor. 9:10). Receiving our hopes is reaching our desires. As I said our hope keeps us rooted and focused on our desires. A few months ago I was studying up on hope and the armor of God (found in Eph. 6:10–18 ). As I studied that I came across first Thessalonians 5:8 (1 Thes. 5:8). I found it interesting that Paul calls it, "...and for an helmet, the hope of salvation." As I pondered why hope would be the helmet I thought of how the helmet is important to protect our head. One good blow to the head and we are done for so it needs great protection. I thought of how hope needs to be the helmet of our mind. If we aren't focused and rooted on our hope the temptations and trials of this world will cause us to doubt and thus cause us to lose focus. But as we have our hopes solid on our mind we will keep the focus required to preserver. President Uchtdorf said on hope, "
Hope, on the other hand, is like the beam of sunlight rising up and above the horizon of our present circumstances. It pierces the darkness with a brilliant dawn. It encourages and inspires us to place our trust in the loving care of an eternal Heavenly Father, who has prepared a way for those who seek for eternal truth in a world of relativism, confusion, and of fear."

I know that things can be hard at times. I know that doubt and despair can seek into our lives. But I know that as we stay focused on our desires and hope for them to come to pass that we will be able to stand strong. I know that as we stand strong we will accomplish all things and reaching our hopes and desires will bring us ultimate joy.  So what do you hope for? What are you able to go through to achieve it? Just know that Jesus Christ is there to help you work towards and receive our greatest hopes and desires. We just need to rely on him and consistently move forward working for our hopes. I know that through Jesus Christ we can accomplish all things. So stay focused on the good and work for your hopes and you will partake of them (1 Cor. 9:10).

No comments:

Post a Comment