Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Power of Pondering

What is pondering? I know that pondering is taking the time to think things through. I know that as we prayerfully consider a situation and think it over in our minds that God will inspire us with the ideas we need to succeed in life.

Yesterday I was driving a long. I was thinking about a meeting that I had earlier in the day. In the meeting we kind of discussed things that we needed to be more sufficient at. We needed to save miles, money, and time. We also needed to be able to see as many people as possible. So on my drive I was thinking of ways that we could get this all to work out. Slowly but surely the ideas came flowing to me. As I would ponder upon these ideas I began to see how it all connected to solve the problems we were faced with.

So taking that to a spiritual matter I think of the introduction to the Book of Mormon which states, "..ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God,". We all need to have an open mind when pondering. We need to evaluate all of the options. As we do this God will bless us with the inspiration needed to improve our lives. I know that God loves us and He will never lead us astray. We need to take the time to focus upon him and learn what His will is for us. I know that if we all will study the Book of Mormon and ponder its teachings with an open heart God will show us how it can be a benefit to us. Then we just need to pray and ask God if it is true. I know that as we go through this process that God will answer our prayers and let us know what is true by the good feelings we receive. Those good feelings come from the Holy Ghost as Paul teaches in Galatians chapter 5. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that everyone and any one can come to know that for themselves if they will take the time to read, ponder, and pray. The Book of Mormon will change everyone’s lives for the better. You should all give it a try. Check out http://www.mormon.org/ to learn more and order a free Book of Mormon for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment